Some years ago, a Lisa Klassen took the idea of wearing clothes to God’s glory to a new level. When she was an ardent 16-year-old, she was suspended from school for wearing a sweatshirt which read, “ABORTION IS MEAN.” On the back the shirt read:
“You will not silence my message. You will not mock my God. You will stop killing my generation.”
At a school where fellow students walked around wearing shirts promoting sex, alcohol and nihilistic rock bands, only Klassen’s shirt was deemed offensive. Her actions, and subsequent suspension prompted almost 50 other students to wear similar shirts. Her bold, brazen fashion statement got the whole school in an uproar. What a gutsy gal!
RP wants to challenge our readers to create their own t-shirt designs, with slogans and designs that give God the glory. That can be through apologetic efforts that speak His truth about the unborn, or gender, or marriage, or whatever! Or it can be gorgeous pictures that celebrate His beauty. Or maybe it can be a combination thereof.
If you’re looking for some inspiration be sure to check out all sorts of RP t-shirt articles here.
- Children and youth (under 18)
- Adults (18+)
- Maximum 3 entries per person
- Must be an original design by you
- Please include a line to explain why and maybe how you created your design (max. 100 words)
- Provide permission to RP to publish your design online and/or in print if selected
- Include the name of the designer, and for the under 18 entries, the designer’s age.
- All submissions should be a high resolution jpg image (300 dpi, and at least 5 by 4 inches)
- Winner and runner-up for both categories will be printed in Reformed Perspective
- Winner of each category will receive a $100 gift certificate to ChristianBooks.com; runner-up will receive a $75 gift certificate.
- Send your designs (high-resolution) to [email protected] before Feb 29, 2024