Edited by Shirley Rash
248 pages / 2019
Did you know that baby elephants drink three gallons of milk each day? Or that “woodcock” means “roosters of the forest” And did you know female great white sharks are actually larger than the males?
God’s Big Book of Animals is GIGANTIC – it’s bigger than any other book I’ve read. It is filled with amazing information about intricate animals – like the great white shark! – all created by God. Each of the 60 animals are given 4, bright, beautiful pages full of descriptions, fun facts and pictures. Plus each animal has their own 14 x 10 inch full-page photo.
- “Turtles do not have teeth. They have strong, jagged jaws that help them take bites.”
- “Komodo dragons are also called monitor lizards.”
- “Elephants have long trunks, longer then any living animal. Their trunks are heavy, and can weigh over 300 pounds! They move their trunks from side to side, and when they want to rest, they lay it on their tusks. God gave elephants the ability to lift pieces of straw and push heavy pieces of wood.”
- “A group of butterflies is called a kaleidoscope of butterflies, a swarm of butterflies, or a rabble of butterflies.”
- “Baby octopuses can hatch in different colors. They can be orange, red, yellow, or different shades of blue.”
I think kids 7 and up would love this! But even kids younger would like the many pictures inside.