Reformed Perspective Foundation is a non-profit charitable organization that seeks to promote the Reformed Christian worldview in all spheres of life by equipping and encouraging Christians to act, think, and speak in a manner consistent with their confession. We are looking for a:
Web Developer &
(approx. 10-20 hrs/wk)
The ideal candidate will be responsible for furthering Reformed Perspective Foundation’s mission by managing our websites, future apps, and information technology as well as developing tools that will equip our constituents with the means to be an effective salt and light. He or she will have a heart for using technology to maximize the quality and reach of Reformed Perspective’s resources and activities including audio and video editing for publication as podcasts, etc.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: March 30, 2018
LOCATION: We will consider all locations in Canada.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANT:
- Heartfelt agreement with the mission and vision of Reformed Perspective Foundation;
- Active membership in a confessional Reformed church and full submission to the Bible and Reformed confessions;
- Experience with most or all of the responsibilities listed below – detailed in a resume or cover letter.
- Self-motivated and disciplined work ethic – ability to work alone;
- Able to provide own working location without compensation;
- Flexible with quickly changing priorities and duties and able to respond quickly to time-sensitive matters;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff;
- Friendly and servant-hearted demeanor;
- Ability to work well with a team, through email and video conferencing;
- Portfolio showcasing previous experience in web development;
- Six month trial period and minimum 2 year expected commitment.
- Familiar with Reformed Perspective magazine
- Graphic Design or video production experience
The ideal candidate will report to the Executive Director and work closely with the Content Editor. Duties will include:
- Multisite management
- Software updates and update debugging
- Uptime Monitoring / On call ability
- Intrusion detection and response
Knowledge (comfortable with):
- Unix (!), Git, Remote shell, Injection and email attacks, VPS management
Web Construction and Development:
- Able to gather requirements and build a top to bottom solution.
- Comfortable with an Agile development model
- Able to learn and critically decide on usefulness of new frameworks
- Comfortable with debugging an unknown system using an API reference.
- Apache, PHP, MVC in php model, MySQL, MongoDB, jQuery, angularJS, HTML in emails, HTML5, Google Analytics
- Build/manipulate templates
- Design or edit one-off webpages for specific occasions
- Daily updating of App and Website
- A type of photoshop or vector editor (Adobe, GIMP, Inkscape…)
- Able to debug remotely for regular users
- Able to be on call
- Mac OSX, Windows 8 or greater
Other duties as requested.
WAGE: Hourly and negotiable depending on experience and skills
PROCESS: If you are interested in the job description and meet the requirements that we are looking for, please submit a resume and an accompanying cover letter (that introduces yourself and details how you fulfill the requirements and assets listed above), as well as the names of two people who we can contact as references, to Reformed Perspective’s Board member, Chris deBoer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Reformed Perspective Foundation Inc. reserves the right to only follow-up with, interview, and hire candidates that it deems suitable for the position.